The Jungle Book has ruled the box office as it took a whopping 103.3 million dollars (£72m) on its opening weekend. Disney’s live action ...
The Jungle Book rules the US box office
Disney’s live action adaptation of one of the studio’s cartoon classics achieved a larger-than-expected debut after achieving favourable reviews from critics.
Jon Favreau’s CGI-enabled update of the The Jungle Book landed the second highest April opening ever. Only five PG-rated films have had larger openings.
Ice Cube’s Barbershop: The Next Cut opened with 20.2 million dollars (£14m), while Kevin Costner’s action thriller Criminal failed to make the top five as it limped into theatres with 5.8 million dollars (£4m).
Here are the top five films at the North American box office in US dollars:
1. The Jungle Book, Disney, 103.3 million
2. Barbershop: The Next Cut, Warner Bros. 20.2 million
3. The Boss, Universal, 9.9 million
4. Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice, Warner Bros, 9 million
5. Zootopia, Disney, 8.1 million